Our Process: Life Sciences
Risk Consultation & Insurance Program Strategy
At Britton Gallagher, we view insurance as one cog within a larger network of wheels making up a risk management program. Alternatively, most insurance brokers view insurance as transactional, structuring their relationship around a policy renewal date.
We will morph our service model to meet your needs versus asking you to fit into our model. Our mission is to make your program a 100% client driven experience. Britton Gallagher offers a broad array of services and innovative solutions to provide a multi-faceted risk management program that satisfies all the needs of our life sciences clients.
Our comprehensive offerings include:
- All types of property and liability coverage including workers’ compensation
- Cyber, employment practices, fiduciary, errors and omissions, and other specialty liability coverage
- Regulatory Interruption Protection
- Employee benefits targeted to recruit and retain your target employees and assistance in maintaining benchmarking monitoring to assure you stay competitive
- Employee wellness programs developed, executed, and managed by our full time wellness director whose service is part of our employee benefit solutions
Service and Support for Your Unique Needs
A tremendous amount of your risk as a life sciences company is typically assumed contractually. Britton Gallagher recognized this common client exposure years ago and has a contract administration staff member who will be assigned to review your contracts and agreements. We make sure these agreements track the over arching risk management strategy we mutually define.
Examples of contractual areas we serve include:
- Supply chain agreements (i.e. CMO)
- Institutional agreements for clinical trials (site agreements, CRO)
- Distribution agreements for CSO’s or distribution relationships
- Lease agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Subcontractor agreements
We go beyond checking to ensure you currently have the proper types and amounts of coverage for your company. We review the entire document to make sure your best interests are being served whether it be eliminating unnecessary coverage requirements or by suggesting changes to your business partner’s insurance program to better protect you given our understanding of the business relationship.
Expertise and Support
Although claims occur infrequently in the life sciences sector, we have experts (including coverage counsel expertise in the directors and officers and employment practices liability areas) on staff, and at our disposal, to address the following possible claims:
- Complex D & O claims including securities class action litigation, DOJ investigations, Whistleblower type claims, and alleged violations of the False Claims Act (Qui-Tam claims).
- Product liability including multi-claim litigation
- Complex employment litigation
- Supply Chain business interruption losses
Britton Gallagher has handled every claim listed above and more. We have the experience and resources to efficiently manage the claims process and develop cost containment strategies to mitigate large losses.
Our clients are working on ground-breaking developments for the life sciences field, making critical discoveries to advance healthcare by leaps and bounds. Examples include:
- Bridge to life companies
- Stem cell developments
- Cancer therapies
- Deep brain stimulation
- Personalized medicine
- Ovarian cancer detection
- Early detection of heart disease
Their passion in the above fields inspires us everyday. Our commitment to our clients goes beyond an insurance policy. It is a promise we will do all we can to ensure they grow and achieve their dream of success.
Client Spotlight – ClinicalRM
ClinicalRM is a full-service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in pre-clinical through Phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. Chris Mason, Vice President, shares how ClinicalRM supports customer products with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe.
In 2014, ClinicalRM was the first company in the world to have a clinical trial running in West Africa. When the crisis was at its peak, they had personnel in Liberia and Sierra Leone trying to mitigate the impact of Ebola. Chris discusses how the clinical trials were a huge undertaking for ClinicalRM, with many areas of exposure and coverage needs.
Britton Gallagher’s Life Sciences team was able to work through the process with ClinicalRM, ensuring the company had necessary protections in place, keeping the team focused on delivering treatment to those impacted by the epidemic.
Does your insurance program match your needs?
Let our team of risk advisors take a look.